Social Return on Investment (SROI)
Design Council: Building and Grounding an SROI methodology
The original idea for this project arose due to the emerging need to demonstrate value to Government Departments and others, and the desire to focus on what creates this value in order to inform strategy and development at organisational and project levels.
- The aim of the project is to create value for both internal knowledge and external profiling
- By strengthening internal thinking and knowledge on:
- The nature of the impact created by Design Council activities, and for whom it is created
- What drives this impact and how impact can be maximised
- How by demonstrating impact with a strengthened set of arguments there is potential to access additional income streams
- By modelling collaborative behaviours in project development and evaluation that can lead to more effective working
- By raising the organisation’s external profile which in turn could positively affect:
- Funding and Partner and stakeholder engagement with this form of analysis increasingly being sought after by Government Departments
Overall the project is designed to drive cultural change towards embedding evaluation and measurement considerations as a core part of Design Council activity.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.